Friday, April 18, 2014

Jesus is Enough



"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.  We are hard-pressed on every side yet not crushed, we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed--always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."  1 Corinthians 4:6-10


The other day I was feeling discouraged.  I was feeling inadequate and ill-equipped and full of fear of failure in regards to some ministry assignments I have coming up in the next couple of weeks. The weight of these thoughts was beating me down.  I cried out to God in the midst of my struggle to tell Him how inadequate I felt and how much I needed Him.

I said, "Lord, you know me.  You know I am broken.  You know I am inadequate.  You know I can't do this."

Very quietly in my spirit, I heard.  "You're right. You can't.  But I can."

Immediately the heaviness left me as I had the revelation that I can't do it and that is ok because I KNOW the One who can.  I am not adequate, but I KNOW the One who is.  I am broken, but I KNOW the One who makes us whole.  Jesus is enough and I don't have to be.  How freeing!!!

We have this treasure in earthen vessels, the excellence of THE POWER may be of God and not of us.

Jesus died for us so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our body.  Jesus died to give us everything we need in Him.  He alone is enough!!!

My pastor, Jeremy McGinnis says:   Jesus + nothing = Everything

Jesus is our everything.  He is our all in all.  He triumphed over darkness and over the enemy.  He defeated death and sin on the cross.

If you are feeling inadequate or less-than today, I just want to encourage you that YOU ARE RIGHT, you are... by yourself!  But, WITH JESUS, YOU ARE ENOUGH because HE IS.  YOU ARE ADEQUATE because HE IS.  YOU ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS because of HIM and the price He paid for you.

Happy Good Friday Living Free in Him readers!!  When you see the cross, remember He paid it all, there is nothing left you can or need to pay.  Oh, we praise your name, JESUS!!!  May you be glorified forever!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!