Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You are Christ's Friend




We are on week 2 of our 40 Days of Finding our True Identity.  If you are just joining us, welcome!

Day 5:

"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."  John 15:15

Merriam-Webster defines friend as:  1.  a person you like and enjoy being with
or 2. a person who helps and supports someone or something.  

Friends are a treasure.  It can be hard to find tried and true comrades who enjoy our company and are willing to help and support us when needed.

The best kinds of friends are those that know everything about us, yet still love us.  Jesus is that kind of friend.  Jesus is a friend who likes us even on our worst days.   In fact, verse 16 says that we did not choose Him, but He chose us to be His friend!

"You did not chose Me, but I chose you..." John 15:16a

Doesn't it feel good to be chosen?  He knows all our flaws, our shortcomings, our insecurities, our weaknesses and faults, and yet, He still chose us!  He chose you to be His friend!

So, what are you waiting for?!  Your friend is waiting for you to call Him.  

Father, we thank You that You said that we are Your friend.  Father, thank you for choosing us.  Thank you that You love us regardless of our weaknesses and flaws.  We thank You that where we are weak, You are strong.  Lord, I pray that You would show us what You are doing and I pray that we would grow in our relationship and friendship with you.  I pray that we would become more like you and that we would introduce others to You, our friend.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!